Friday 9 December 2011

Literature Reviewing - Task 6c

No doubt we are all trying to tackle writing our Enquiry plans, it seems a big section of this is applying the theories we have come across during reading and researching various forms of Literature.

This in itself is quite a task, I have found giving myself enough time to read, analysis, learn from, perhaps re-read and apply the information is really crucial, is anyone else? Often things I have read come back to me at random points in the day, similarly, something 'clicks' and I have been able to make links between suggested ideas and theories that support the way in which planning my enquiry develops.

I have found consulting initially a methodological text really helpful to 'plan how to plan' in a sense.

Practitioner Research and Professional Development in Education
Campbell, McNamara, Gilroy, (2004)

Chapter 5 of the book itself states consulting 'professionally focused research guides to get advice on how to go about identifying and refining research area, devising planning any analysing enquiry' is an important step to efficient planning.
It covers many angles on tools for enquiry including particularly helpful suggestions for how to manage and review literature. Although the book is not directly related to my topic for enquiry or any 'Dance' specifics, it gives plenty of examples of other situations where I am them able to relate to my own dance teaching environment.
It also has enlightened me as to how useful it is to establish a clear and functional procedure for reviewing and managing literature, (specifically how to record a book, and also how to efficiently record specific chapters or journal articles for examples)
I now feel much more well equipped at depicting  the relevant information to develop the stages of my plan from more Dance related literature's .

No comments: