Thursday 9 February 2012

Thoughs on beginning Module 3....

Welcome back officially everyone!

Wanted to thank Adesola, Paula and Laura for their very useful blogs on what I missed at the Campus Session yesterday.

A few things really jumped out at me, firstly, it seems when we feel (like I do at the moment) a little overwhelmed a the amount of in depth work required for the next deadline, taking some time to identify where exactly we are in the stages of our projects can be a useful tool. Personally, I am mulling over the feedback received, wondering where my plan lacks depth perhaps, if there are parts of it that actually are not as beneficial as first thought etc. For example, at the moment, I am planning on analysing 5 different forms of data, reevaluating this, I am cutting some bits out as it seems doubtful to accurately review, analysis and interpret anything valuable from so many 'findings'. Has anyone else considered how much data they are hoping to get, and, if so, how they intend to start to draw it all together?

Also, addressing how far we are in terms of our Literature Reviewing seems pretty crucial. I have found various key texts, and now trying to focus on how I can draw together the information they are serving me with and linking in to analysing my data, as well as considerations as to how they may influence and shape my questionnaires and interview questions.

Finally, having regular shared commentary on discussions with one another.....it is always such a great help to collaborate opinions, especially if the topics we are researching are along similar lines. Hope we can keep this up, such a shame we lost the facebook discussion group last term......

In case anyone hasn't seen it, Paula has posted notes from the Campus session via slideshare, thanks again Paula!

http://paulanottingham.blogspot.com/2012/02/1st-campus-session-module-3-7212.html

I intend to now establish some action plan points to discuss with my adviser about the part of my plan that need to me amended, hopefully we can all help each other out as much as possible along the way too!

No comments: