Tuesday 1 March 2011

My current progress as we hit March....

Hello!

Just blogging with my progress on the course as today we hit the 1st March, Spring is officially approaching!

How is everyone getting on with their studies?

Currently, I am well underway with journal writing, finding having the time to be able to keep it regularly updated is tricky to juggle with my professional practise and general life, but so valuable when you come to an occasion where you need some notes to refer too.

May give writing a poem a try tonight too. Has anyone else?

My youtube clip is still a work in progress, found it pretty difficult to be honest. Has anyone else? Would be nice to know I'm not the only one out there having a bit of a struggle! But we shall see, hopefully be posting it very shortly.

Just as a final note, although we have temporarily moves on from Web 2.0 its self, I saw this article in the Times today and wanted to see what everyone thought. The smallest article I have ever seen, but valuable non the less, the world's first person christened their child 'Facebook' today. Guess what, it was an ex dancer from Egypt, made me smile a little I have to admit!

3 comments:

Stephanie Thomas said...

I am so shocked an appalled at the poor 'facebook' child! Poor kid...

Great to hear that you are going to try out the poem idea. I have been doing it for a couple of days now and I have found it really helpful - it helps me to just let my thoughts flow and to pinpoint my feelings on that particular day.

Let me know how you get on if you decide to try it - I wasn't brave enough to post my poems on my blog but maybe I will put up a couple of examples when I have finished my poetry week.

Adesola said...

I find the poetry really useful. I did it with the last group and I posted some on my blog, have a look and let me know what you think?

Sophie you are defiantly not the only person having some struggles with the work. That is the idea of it to make you re-think and work things out, so it sounds as if you are right on track.

I have problems with my work everyday. Sometimes I have no idea why something seems right (or wrong) and just have to wait for it to make sense.

I think being called Facebook is very distinctive, maybe the child has a middle name too.(fingers crossed).

Keep up the good work guys.
Adesola

Paula Nottingham said...

Sophie really glad to see you up with the blogging. go on then like to see them - I like words but often I use them as 'titles' to pieces instead of poems... Did you see the YouTube stuff on the silent tours - I'm sure Adesola won't mind me cutting and pasting the directions...

3 minute Silent tour
Planning your own, include three things, use three pieces of card. Include sound, smell etc….

11.40 – 12.15
In groups of four go on tours, when finished each tour write a short bit, poem etc… about it to give to tour leader.

Read your bits.

Feedback about the experience, how you capture the experience, if it was the same for everyone on the tour…..

can you try one out and have others try it? Really nice to compare with the words you are also putting together...