Monday 21 February 2011

Brainstorming ideas for Developing a Line Of Professional Enquiry

Regarding the Campus Session I missed, seems to be the case that we need to start deciding on ideas for developing a line of profession enquiry in relation to my personal professional practise.

My work has involved working as a performing Dancer on a Cruise liner (Silversea, a 6 star smaller, luxury line) through the agency Jean Ann Ryan Productions.
As I start to work through and explore important questions relating to our professional practice, it strikes me there are perhaps two broad types of questions.

Firstly, what type of inquiry will improve my performance to create, make, interpret or teach my art. This is for me a ‘disciplinary’ or ‘subject’ question. It is fundamentally about how I operate as not just a dancer but that bit extra as Dance Captain and Company Manager. An inquiry located here might give weight to disciplinary knowledge (the ways or conventions or literature that exists and created by exemplary practitioners or researchers). Or, like me, it might be practical in nature (the ways we do things and these extra higher-level skills that were required in my specific Professional Practise). My inquiry involves understanding something more effectively which in turn lead to a change or improvement in my experience and overall practice.
Lets see where this leads me………

No comments: