Wednesday 23 February 2011

Web 2.0 - Promoting a company using its Technologies

Hello!

Last night the touring company ' Ludas Dance' performed a youth workshop followed by a performance at my local theatre in the Lake District.

http://www.theatrebythelake.co.uk/ (really well equipped theatre with great stage and two studios for hire if anyone lives up North my way!)

Although unfortunately I could not make the performance and workshop to teach as intended, I was browsing their site this morning to see how it had gone and it really how hit me how clever the company had been. Their website if full of technologies such as Flickr, Twitter and blogs all promoting and raising awareness of what they do as a company and primarily getting the best out of their Professional Practise. It really hit me just how wide the benefits are of using of these technologies, the principle that I have heard of this company who perform at this theatre in the North where really is not the dance capital of the country to be honest, we are reasonably limited as to what dance opportunities are offered yet through applications such as Flickr and blogging the company is promoted all over. So now I have posted this on my blog, a awareness is raised really world wide to all you lovely people! The possibilities are just endless, check out the website. Their 'choeography creator' technology is pretty cool if you are interested in that element of Dance.

https://www.google.com/bookmarks/l#!threadID=GFvyLI1oGUT8%2FBDYMp3woQ0bydkuUl




I used google to create a favourites list, then book marked this page in to my list.

No comments: